“We have somehow found ourselves in an era where even the brightest, kindest, most idealistic people spring to judgment — which is nothing other than negative wonder — in a heart-flinch. Questions invite instant opinions more often than they invite conversation and contemplation.”
Once in a while I find spam in my inbox that is too good, like this one:
I sincerely look forward that I will not damage ur heart. Shit happens, life didn’t give me selection. I don’t hate people with special tastes, moreover only God can judge u. So:
Firstly, I installed the particular virus on a web site with porn videos (I think you understood me).
Secondly, when you tapped on a video, soft at once started working, all cameras switched on and screen started recording, then my soft collected all contacts from emails, messengers etc. Im very proud for this soft, it makes devices act as rdp with keylogger , impressive. This email address Ive collected from your device, I message u here because I guess u definitely are going to check your working address.
Eventually, I created a split screen video, with your participation and porn film from your screen, its kinda weird. Therefore, I can share this video with all your friends, colleagues, relatives etc. I think it’s a big shame for u.
But we can resolve this problem. 320 Usd- in my opinion, very common cost for false like this.
I accept only btc(cryptocurrency), this is my wallet’s address- 1FqwA3oeWBSnjJZn3E59D6GSiec6cYRPos U have 45 hours after reading my notification to finish transaction. I will know when u read this letter, I put special tracking pixel in it. This time is enough only to complete all verifications and transaction, so you have to think rapidly. If I wont receive my «wage», I will share this video with all contact Ive received from ur device.
You can ask cops for a support, but they wont search out me for even 150 hours, Im from Romania, so think twice. If Ill receive btc- all evidence will be erased forever and I will never contact you again.
You can reply, but this wont make sense, I sent you this notification using my soft for anonymous messages, I don’t check the inbox after using it, cuz I think about my safety too. Have a nice day, I hope u will make a good decision for you.
What I take away from this:
- Cover your webcam
- Use a secure operating system, like Linux
- Don’t be gullible
The Bitcoin address didn’t get any payments on it yet, which means that either a) they are using a separate Bitcoin address for each mail they send or b) the scam hasn’t been succesfull yet.
No borders! No nations! Stop deportations!
- Vortext An Experimental Journal of Subversion, Witchcraft, Philosophy, and Literature
- Terror Incognita Reflections on Consent & Consensus, Queer Sexuality & Subversion, and Breaking Entirely with the Known World
- Self as Other – Reflections on Self-Care
- The Mythology of Work – Eight Myths that Keep Your Eyes on the Clock and Your Nose to the Grindstone
- Heist Journal of Workplace Reappropriation
Assuming it’s a womxn asking the question and she is looking for a man’s perspective, I (who identify mainly as masculine) feel at liberty to shed my humble view on it. Assuming he isn’t just a couple of old hot dogs inside of a very tiny, mohair sweater which would make operating an electronic device very difficult, there are a number of reasons I can think of, which I’d like to list from most probable to least:
- He’s a dick. I list this first because a lot of guys are actually assholes, they don’t really care about anything but themselves. To be fair, it probably isn’t deliberate, more a general inconsiderateness towards anything but me, myself and I. Is that why you are attracted to him? The classical bad boy attraction, maybe there’s something to it?
- He’s buzzy. A completely lame excuse, basically the same as point one. What could be so important that he can’t spare a second to message you saying he’s buzzy? Which brings us to point three.
- He’s not thinking about you. He’s on your mind much more than you are on his. It’s not what you want to hear, but maybe you have to face the reality of it: he’s not that interesting after all, he’s a dick.
- He’s playing games. He wants you to want him, being in control is prime objective. Which basically makes him an even bigger dick than mister One.
- He only messages you when he’s high. Haven’t you only texted someone when sober you would have preemptively hidden your phone? And that is exactly why he/she is the one you’ll text as soon as you’ve drowned all rational thought. Maybe he’s taking some time off from partying?
- He’s shy. He’s the total opposite of Dick from point one, he’s one of the good guys. He doesn’t know or is unsure how to approach you. You don’t want someone to pin you against the wall, and you appreciate the gentle touch? Then take on the role traditionally expected from men: initiative. If you are willing to take the lead, this could be your dream scenario.
Disclaimer: I am aware that this post is quite sexist in some ways. I’m not sure it is more disrespectful towards womxn or men, possibly both, as most sexism is. Please feel free to leave a comment bellow, I’d love to discuss this.
You might have noticed the site was down for quite a while. At least I hope someone visits my site sometimes and noticed. 😉
I moved hosting providers, from the wonderful Greenhost in Amsterdam to the a bit cheaper international Digital Ocean. I tried to set everything up with NGINX, but failed miserably and then went traveling for a month. Some procrastination later, I now finally got round to sorting this out and kinda have my sites back online. https://zonk.be is running fine, but the other one are still down. Damn WordPress multisite giving me a headache. 😉
UPDATE: Managed to get everything working, including all the sub domain sites:
Yeah, I have way to many websites with nothing happening on them, I know…
And I’m just going to leave this here for anyone interested in trying out Digital Ocean web hosting: https://m.do.co/c/a19595e36c3a
I’ve still got a CouchSurfing (or crotch surfing as some call it) account, but for my upcoming travels to the States, I’ll try and use BeWelcome only. Here’s my profile on there: www.bewelcome.org/members/dimid.
I see more and more of my friends are using Signal, which is awesome! Somehow WhatsApp is still my go-to messenger, and even though it has end-to-end encryption, it is nowhere as secure as Signal. So yeah: let’s all switch to Signal!