- Article One: No man may be imprisoned for debt.
- Article Two: No man may enslave another.
- Article Three: No man may interfere in any way with the religious beliefs or practices of another.
- Article Four: No man may be subjected to torture for any reason.
- Article Five: No man may interfere with the sexual practices of another or force any sexual act on another against his or her will.
- Article Six: No man may be put to death except for violation of the Articles.
“We have somehow found ourselves in an era where even the brightest, kindest, most idealistic people spring to judgment — which is nothing other than negative wonder — in a heart-flinch. Questions invite instant opinions more often than they invite conversation and contemplation.”